Prep Time: 30 min Serves: 5 Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
7 pieces bone-in chicken
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbs sugar
3 lemons, one juiced and two thinly sliced
3 oranges, one juiced and two thinly sliced
1 tbs Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/3 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbs dried rosemary
2 tsp thyme
1 onion, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix together olive oil, sugar, lemon and orange juice, all spices and herbs.
3. Thinly slice onion and mix it into marinade.
4. One piece at a time, dip chicken into marinade and rub to coat.
5. Place chicken on roasting pan and cover with onion and citrus slices.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and flip citrus slices.
7. Place pan back into oven, cooking for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully roasted.